Oh, hey there… So I have been MIA, clearly. During the like 7 months since my last post, I turned 30. My 30 Before 30 List is now the start of a Things To Do in My 30s List of sorts….seeing as my 30th birthday came and went without me completing everything… So now it’s a new list! A very rough draft of a list…let’s check-in and get an update, shall we?
30 before 30 Things To Do in My 30s (DRAFT)
Watch the sunrise over the Detroit river from Belle Isle – COMPLETE! Reid made this happen on my 30th…I’ll do separate bday post…3+ months late….
2. Learn all of the words to Billy Joel’s ‘We Didn’t Start the Fire’ – IN PROGRESS Reid is helping with this one too…
3. Go bungee jumping
4. Pick a cookbook and make every recipe in it
5. Learn to play chess
6. Run a 10k
Try stand up paddling – COMPLETE!
Take an ariel yoga course at Detroit Flyhouse – COMPLETE! Actually, I took one workshop with Yoga Shelter Grosse Pointe, but I’m counting it.
9. Bake a French baguette
10. Do a 30 day yoga challenge – Starting this November 1st!
Go to Africa, Australia or Antarctica – COMPLETE! I went to Tunisia in September for work.
12. Eat at French Laundry or Per Se.
13. Complete a triathlon
14. Make a book
Start and maintain a blog – COMPLETE! Kinda…
16. Read 5 classics – IN PROGRESS I’ve finished ‘The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes’, ‘20,000 Leagues Under the Sea’, ‘On the Road’, and ‘Journey to the Center of the Earth’. One to go!
Go on a hot air balloon ride COMPLETE! Reid’s 30th birthday gift to me! So amazing…more on that to come…
18. Learn to can food
Make ceviche at home – COMPLETE! Many times over, in fact. I used Alton’s recipe, and then also made up my own for Halibut Ceviche.
Eat vegan for a week REMOVED. Lots of reasons, but primarily because my body responded really well to the Whole 30 approach. I don’t think meat-free is what I need. I feel horrible if I don’t get enough protein and well, meat and eggs are the only complete proteins (other than soy products, which are often more processed than I would like). With how insane my migraines are the last several months, I am learning that I just have to listen to what my body needs, and not force anything else.
Reach 20 countries visited – COMPLETE! Rundown of the 20+ countries I have been fortunate enough to visit to come.
22. Become a cat adoption counselor – IN PROGRESS. Still working on the adoption counselor part, but I have taken a leadership position as part of my volunteer work.
Get down to my fighting weight REMOVED. Because that’s not my goal right now. I want to get healthy first (meaning, not feeling like my head is going to explode every day).
24. Take a trapeze class
Bake a layer cake – COMPLETE!
Complete a cross stitch project – COMPLETE!
27. Make homemade stock
Plant an herb garden on the balcony – COMPLETE!
29. Make fresh pasta
Establish a signature drink – COMPLETE! Rose champagne. Of course.
I think I committed to like 5 more posts just within this post.